Friday, December 29, 2006

5 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Me

I have been tagged by Rich Miller at Data Center Knowlege to respond to the "5 things you probably didn't know about me" thread. While it is an honor to be tagged by Rich I am really in awe that the tag list (via Isabel's blog entry) goes back to Jeff Pulver. I have read Jeff's blog for some time and am a huge fan of his work.

Here are 5 things you probably don't know about me:

1. I am a HUGE fan of the TV show 24. My wife and I only discovered it two seasons ago and have been hooked ever since. This last week Best Buy put the normally $57 box sets on sale for $20 and we jumped all over that. Only 16 days until the new season premiere!!

2. I am married with 3 kids. I absolutely adore my kids and will usually do everything I can to show them off. To show grand parents and relatives pictures that we take I have a web site that is devoted to just that. It was originally intended to show case other interests, but we basically just use it to show off pictures of the kids. Check it out at www.rath-family.com

3. I am a Google Earth fanatic. Ever since it came out I have spent countless hours just surfing the globe. Geography was my worst subject in school....if I would have had this though, I think I would have done MUCH better.

4. I am a packrat. As I have been a computer geek since 7th grade I have a few antique computers. I was an Apple fan, so the basement holds an Apple IIe, IIc, IIgs (Woz limited edition), Mac, Mac+ and several Mac Performa models. I also have some PC relics, but nothing noteworthy. I also have a beautiful SGI Indy. For some reason I still have my 300 baud modem that I used in the the Apple IIgs (anyone remember the BBS?). For any other old Apple game fans, I highly recommend http://www.virtualapple.org/


5. I've mentioned this in a blog post before, but in this case it is worth mentioning again. I am a St. Louis Cardinals fan!! For the sake of mentioning it..... they are the 2006 WORLD CHAMPIONS! It was quite a year and I was very happy to be able to go to a game at the new Busch stadium. My son's hero, Scott Rolen hit a home run and they won the game.

I don't have a lot of fellow bloggers, but I'll tag Ben Stineman and Leo Laporte (I do not know Leo, but am a BIG fan of the TWiT podcasts.

1 comment:

Jeff Pulver said...

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for playing Blog-Tag.

Best wishes for 2007!

Best regards, Jeff