Thursday, December 07, 2006

Hosting Provider Aplus Acquired

I thought it was interesting that hosting provider Aplus recently announced that they were being acquired by Catalyst Investors. The line in the release that caught my eye was:
"Catalyst was advised by Daniels & Associates, of Denver and New York, on the acquisition and debt financing of the transaction"

I think it is both a good and bad thing. It's good because they are a strong enough company to come out of this, restructured and financed to take another shot at competing with Godaddy.com and 1 and 1. I think it is bad because I kind of wonder what direction the investment group will take them. I've used their billing software and registrar services extensively over the years.

Just have to keep an eye on them over the next few months to see how/if things change.

No comments: