Saturday, January 13, 2007

McKinsey Survey

I recently ran across an article titled What's on CIO's Agendas in 2007 : A McKinsey Survey. It caught my eye because the second of the two trends mentioned: the introduction of lean manufacturing principles to data center operations. The article can be found here (note: free registration required).

The interesting / silly thing I found about the survey results is that they didn't once mention ITIL! I have followed ITIL for some time now and have actually obtained my foundation certificate in it. The article even mentions ITIL components:

....commitment of resources to processes such as incident response, problem management, and change management.

It is an article worth checking out however, and the predictions seem on track, if not obvious for for the new year.

No comments: